Merchant Surcharge And Restaurants: A Match Made In Heaven
PassThrough or Merchant Surcharge is one of those services that can be a blissful match for an entrepreneur, or one of those options that drives clients away. Though the program does lift the burden of charges from the merchant to the client, the fact is that not all patrons will do well with the PassThrough merchant services model. In fact, quite a few will do better with traditional merchant services. However, there’s one industry that is really well-suited to the Merchant Surcharge model, at least, according to experts. That industry is, of course, the nightlife and restaurant industry. Here’s why...
- The restaurant industry already thrives with an extra charge placed on top of their foods. This, of course, is called the “tip,” and it’s been part of American nightlife industry. Having an additional surcharge, assuming that it’s branded as something simple, will be highly unlikely to upset diners. The fact is that tipping wouldn’t fly in most other industries – and that means that people are more open to it.
- The profit margin of restaurants is already spectacularly small. In fact, the same can be said of the nightlife industry as well. Drink cost money to procure. Food costs money to procure. You can’t just pay a chef in hugs and compliments, either. As a result, you will have to do some work in order to ensure that your business is as profitable as possible – particularly during slow months.
- This also can help people find reason to pay in cash. And that, in and of itself, may be good for waiters and waitresses who want to enjoy a better tip. After all, if they expect to pay extra when they see the bill, chances are that the tip will be bigger if they don’t.
- Moreover, people will not be willing to walk away from a tab at a restaurant. Simply put, they will have to pay it because they already ordered and consumed the food that they ordered. It’s not like they have a choice to pay it.
- Lastly, people tend to automatically look at the total bill at a restaurant. And this is more typical at restaurants than at an office supply store, where every little bit of cash may need to be accounted for, haggled over, and talked about. With restaurants, it’s all more free.
The bottom line is that having Merchant Surcharge will improve your bottom line – and that means that you will be able to do a lot more with it. Call Red Payments to get more information about Merchant Surcharge and how it’ll pay for you.